Gemini: The Crime Boss (Chapter 5)

Night had fallen and Ames was pacing in fury. Where was she? Had she ran off and chosen to break their vows?  He'd been respectful and kept his distance. He had cleaned up after himself and slept on a cot, never once forcing himself on her.  This was dangerous and she knew it. "Blast it, Glenna! Where are you?" His fist connected with the punching bag.  He poured his fury, his worry into beating the bag into submission.

The sound of a door opening reached his ears and he stilled. "Please, let it be Glenna."  He threw the gloves to the floor and walked up the narrow stairs of the bunker.

Glenna had collapsed against the door. Her face was ashen and tears rolled down her cheeks. Something was wrong.  She was just standing there, broken, and beautiful. He ached to take her in his arms. To ease her pain. He paused.

"Ames, she's alive...my mom. She's, alive!"  She began to tell him about running into her mother when she had gone for her run.   They'd sat for hours, trying to piece everything together.

And then, Glenna had returned home. Their home.  She'd found her mother—family. So, why had she returned? She was no longer alone. She had family—her true family. Surely she didn't need him.

He frowned. Unsure of what to say. He was happy for her but his heart ached. He didn't want to lose her.

  "Glenna, I...I'm happy for you, truly I am. But, what does this mean for us?"

Glenna closed the distance between them.  She peered into his eyes and placed her hand on his chest. His heart quickened, causing her to pull her hand back. Understanding now that he was as attracted to her as she had been to him.  He pulled her closer and covered her mouth with his.  She responded, slowly and then with more intensity. She wove her hands through his hair, urging him to deepen the kiss. 


Suddenly, Ames pushed her away as if he had been burned.  His eyes were filled with regret and longing.

"Glenna, I'm so sorry." His gaze fell to the floor, "I shouldn't have done that."

Glenna cupped his face, "Ames, I promised to be your wife.  I intend to keep that promise.  I want to be your wife, in every way.  And not just physically, I want the world to know that I belong to you. I want to be a Willow. I'm ready to love you the way. If you'll allow me."

Ames met her gaze, "I love you, Glenna.  You're my family, my home.  I'm happy to be a Montgomery if it means I get to be with you. We can talk about this later. Right now, I just want to be with you."

He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bedroom, letting the door close behind them.

 A relationship that had been forged out of convenience would hold challenges. But Ames and Glenna had found real love and that would make every challenge worthwhile.

No comments