Ember Madison Montgomery: Generation 1 Chapter 1

Generation 1: Chapter 1.

If you haven't read my introduction to Ember you can find that here. I chose to go with an extreme start and I'm really starting to question why because my poor sim is having to forage for food just to survive.  The first 24 hours was brutal. I sent her to the park and around the town to forage. I did find a bush to sleep in for the first little bit but Ember was very uncomfortable so we moved on to a park bench.  It did very little to help with her chronic exhaustion.

After Ember woke from her nap she was hungry and needed to relieve her bladder which once again she had to do in a bush in front of a diner that she couldn't afford. I did allow her to use the last of her money to make hotdogs which I've placed in her inventory for when she's too tired to forage. Of course I do risk them spoiling...

Poor Ember is so miserable that I decided to have her apply for Avant Garde and she was luckily accepted. At least she currently has a place to relieve her bladder and brush her teeth and a couch to nap on.  I was also able to read up a bit in preparation for her first day of work as a writer.

Unfortunately she's too tired to meet a possible boyfriend...a man will just have to wait because Ember's struggling to survive. After her first day of work I had hoped to at least afford a cheap bed but unfortunately the poor girl fell short. It's going to be another long night on a bench or couch.

Hungry, tired and completely downtrodden because of her financial woes, Ember decided to call an Advant Garde meeting at South Square Coffee. By meeting I do mean that she called the meeting with the sole intention of  borrowing the couch to sleep.  She took her little nap on the couch completely unsure whether the reaper would claim her while she slept because she's absolutely starving and is too tired to go forage. 

After several uncomfortable hours on the couch, she woke, ordered a canoli and sat outside under the stars, thinking about her future and whether or not she'd make it another 48 hours.  I think we're both in panic mode. We have two very long and excruciating days before she has another chance to work and she's already too tired to forage or to work on her skills. At this point there is a very slim chance of promotion. I honestly don't know if she'll make the day without being fired.


She did happen to meet a couple nice looking young men while waiting in line for her supper but she's absolutely too exhausted to chat them up. I can practically feel her frustration. At this point a husband would at least be another person working and bringing in some simoleons.

I  made her introduce herself so that she can give them a call once she's a not on death's door at least.  I am really not hopeful and neither is she.  She is sulking around at this and barely able to function.  She was too uncomfortable to even eat which seriously scared me because her hunger bar was so far gone I thought she was done for.  Every hour that passes by I'm getting closer and closer to losing this challenge before I really even get started.

Lightbulb moment: Why can't my sim visit the house of a sim she met at the club?  She's got to do what she has to do to survive and that means crashing at this sim's house.  Luckily the mom of said teen happened to be out of the house and nothing happened until mom came home and found Ember snoozing in her bed.

Boy did she make a huge fuss. She ranted and raved that the behavior was inappropriate but that wasn't going to stop Ember from using her shower.

The owner of this house interrupted her shower and once again scolded Ember and told her that she was being inappropriate but I decided to try to make her something to eat. I mean, the lady is already mad so who cares if she gets a little angry when I use her kitchen?



Bad idea.  Ember had just chopped her tomatoes when meanie sim stomped into the kitchen, waved her arms around and screamed at her and then  threw her out of the house.

Honestly, I couldn't find anything in the rules against this but I may have just committed a huge no-no in the Legacy challenge and my sim has made another person super mad at her but I think she did what she had to do to survive. I couldn't see her surviving one more night with everything in the red.  We now have 16  hours until another day at work and then maybe she won't be this desperate again.

Since she had to go eat anyway, I decided to call the guys up that she met and ask them to meet her at the diner.  I know you're not supposed to marry playable characters but I didn't realize one of them happened to be. I have never seen him in my game. Anyhoo,  I flirted with him a couple times and then asked him if he is single and he was married to someone named Ruby...oi, that's my mom's name! So, that leaves with with two other eligible bachelors, Andrew or Josh.  I know absolutely nothing about them yet so at the moment I'm going on looks alone. They're both kinda cute!


I've had such a slow start but things are finally looking up and I feel like leaving things on a good note. So, stick around for the next installment, Generation 1, Episode 1.2 when Ember finally goes to her second day of work, buys a bed and hopefully finds love.

Let me know in the comments below who you think Ember should be hooking up with and any tips on how to make quick simoleons!!









No comments