Ella Matthews Legacy Challenge - G1E2

Last time I posted, I gave you an introduction to my Sims 4 Legacy Matriarch Ella Matthews. Click the link above to read Ella's start if you're interested. 

Click here for Legacy Challenge Rules.


I promised that we'd talk heirs. Everyone who does the Legacy Challenge has different decisions to make about certain aspects of the challenge. One of those is how you want your heirs to be decided.

Gender Law

One of those is Gender Law. To be brief, I chose the following:
Equality: The Founder may be of either gender. Both boys and girls are eligible for the title of heir.
You can read about it at this link, as well as the other determining factors for heirs, to see the other options that I didn't choose.

Bloodline Law

The second category is the Bloodline Law. It determines whether you can have adopted children as heir or if you'd like it to be strictly natural born children. I chose:
Traditional: Children who are naturally born from the previous generation are eligible to be named heir. Adopted children are ineligible to be named heir unless there are no naturally born children, at which point they become eligible for that generation.
I chose Traditional specifically because I don't want to throw out the option of adopted children simply because to make my game more challenging, I don't have my sims try for children until they queue the want for it. So there's always the chance that I may get a family that has no naturally born children.

Heir Law

The third category decides who qualifies as heir. I chose:
First Born: The oldest, by order of joining the family, eligible living child is named heir.

Now on to Generation 1, Episode 2 (G1E2) of Ella's Challenge....

After Ella and Sergio Baer were married, life went on as usual for Ella, with the exception that the time is ticking for one of them to desire to have a child. Ella is currently a Young Adult, and Sergio is an Adult.

Ella was promoted to Hungry Artist. As you can tell, she seems quite happy with that job title. Heh. Weirdo. :P

It was time for Sergio to get a job, naturally. With his Muser trait, I decided to make him a musician. A violin is pretty cheap, so why not?

It was time for the dude to start pumping his bank account for the next generation of little Sergios.

Since I wait for my sims to roll the want to have kids (it's my pitiful attempt to keep the neighborhoods not completely full), I'm resigned to the fact that it may be several sim days before these two have a child.

In spite of that, it's time for a couple of walled-off rooms. The bathroom came first. With the frequency for which she had her Artsy Tartsy club coming over, that was a necessity. Unfortunately after that the bills came due so it took a couple of days to get the bedroom built.

Little by little, Ella's little matchbox shack will turn into a home. Hopefully soon.

 With another promotion under her belt, Ella's thrilled. I think she's just happy with the fact that there's no "Hungry" or "Starving" word in her job title. Well, and more money definitely is a good thing when all you only half half of your plumbing indoors.

Sorry for the sad reminder, Ella.

As an artist once said, just think of the "happy trees." Happy, happy trees.
Well, here we go. A nice promotion, a little boost to the bank account, and now she's having a little Sergio or a little Ella.

That's Ella's expression when she realized that pregnancy means morning sickness, lots of trips to the bathroom, and money spent on toys. Better get painting, girlfriend.

Money doesn't grow on trees. At least, not in this game.

 So, I'm taking a look at these folks' property trying to figure out how I want to upgrade their place the next time money allows it, and I notice poor Sergio is very very angry.

He was eating in the park with other sims, so I thought someone said something mean to him. Noooo.

It was Ella. She was flirting with another dude.

Girl! Did you forget?! You don't do that! Can't leave that girl alone for a minute!

Sergio stomped home, and the dude was clearly not having it with her. I was worried I was going to have to find her a new husband.

Thankfully, she saw the error of her ways--she got caught, of course!--and slunk home to hide under the covers while he simmered and gritted his teeth.

Dude, first the weird 'tude and now flirting with another guy while your man was around! Uncouth!

You're about to be a mama, girl. Time to grow up.

When Sergio went to work [still angry], Ella tried to forget her faux pas by inviting over Ulrike, her art buddy. Ulrike always was a bowl of entertainment, so it seemed like a good idea.

My stamp of approval, Ella. Just don't go flirting with anyone else, 'k? Sergio doesn't have too many buttons left to push, I'm thinking.

Yet another promotion for Ella. She's been burning the midnight oil, trying to get as many paintings done as possible before the baby comes.

Dude, Sergio? Nice clay mask you've got there. It never seems to go away either.

Sorry, guy. I think you're in for a new hairdo. :( [Update: It seems to have resolved for now.]

Late that night Ella gave birth to a baby girl that was named Alyson. She will be the heir for Generation Two.

One of the things that I love about this game is how genetics get passed on. I'll be anxious to see what traits Alyson gets from each of her parents.
Click here to read G1E3! The Matthews's get a much-needed house upgrade!

In the meantime, please leave me your name suggestions for Sergio's and Ella's children!
If I use your name suggestion, I'll be sure give you credit in the post which names the baby!
Just leave your suggestions in a comment after any of my Matthews Legacy Challenge posts, and I'll see them!

5 comments

  1. Amelia for a girl and Sebastian for a boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have a house already! I worked a day of work and couldn't afford a bed! AHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had them gathering stuff and selling like mad. The painting really has helped, too.

      Delete
    2. Yes, painting painting painting. lol

      Delete