Elena Revan Montgomery: Generation 2 Chapter 1

Having babies is dirty work! Poor Ember needed a bath!
In the last chapter Ember popped out a ton of kids and finally had a baby girl! If you've not checked it out yet you can do that here

With the birth of an heir, the Montgomery household has been undergoing a lot of change.  I suppose that's just life even for sims...right? Life is about change and about passing from one stage of life to another.

These are joyous times but also kind of sad for me. I've really gotten connected to Ember and I'm going to miss her. All things come to their end though so it was very important to start buckling down and getting the house better equipped to support the second generation. 

This is our lovely new abode! We now have 4 bedrooms  3 bathrooms and when I upgraded, I also invested in the wall lights that keep the monster under the bed away because my kids and even teens were completely miserable!

I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Before I was able to update the house Ember  maxed out her career and also got a promotion after she reached the top! I never knew that was possible.  This is my very first time reaching the top of a career in sims 4. This  is also the first time I've ever finished the bestseller aspiration as well! I'm really excited about both accomplishments.



 Josh and Ember both made it to Elder, mostly happy. Josh got fired for going to work absolutely worn out because of the blasted monster and the kids waking him up every night but he didn't make enough for me to even worry about getting him another job. I'm just letting him take care of the house.


Ember is helping mentor her daughter in writing and the skills are going very fast.  I had Ember start a Legacy Club and set up a community lot with equipment for all the skills points.  Of course they don't yet have much unlocked for the club but between the first unlock for writing plus mentoring, Elena has skilled up pretty fast.  

Then the thing I had been dreading happened. Honestly, I was sad when Ember passed away of old age. Maybe it's silly but I wasn't sad just because Elena lost her mentor  but also because I had honestly gotten close to her. I don't often form emotional attachments to sims but I did feel slightly let down when she passed away quietly in the bathroom.
Elena threw herself into her work and by the time she turned to young adult she had a B average and eight writing skill points so making her an author like her mother was an easy choice.  She's already making decent royalties. Unlike her mother who always wrote fantasy, I think I will make Elena a writer of Science Fiction. For now she's writing a lot of Children's books but eventually she'll make the switch.

As soon as Elena made the transition into young adult life and settled on her career, I decided it was time to go ahead and find her a life partner.  I want to really concentrate on skilling and being better prepared than Ember had been so having a partner early on will allow her to have more time to take care of her needs. Not to mention, with the last remaining brother leaving the home and her elderly father near death—the house felt lonely to her.

So, I sent Elena out to The Narwhal Arms Nightclub that her parents had tied the knot in and she chatted up several guys but to my complete surprise she really hit it off with one gruff looking guy named Leslie Barnhart.
Elena and Leslie had a fantastic date and I  sent them back to the nightclub the following evening because it has special meanings for Elena. After all, her parents were married there! 

 
Things heated up really fast and  erm...I think this picture explains it all.

After a whirlwind romance of their own  Leslie and Elena exchanged vows on the dance floor just as her parents had years before.  Here's to hoping that their marriage is just as successful and loving!  Elena was so excited and surprised that she got such a nice ring too at such a speedy wedding!  Good man she picked! He was prepared!

First order of business has been to get Mr. Barnhart a makeover and maybe it's wrong but I can't stand the name Leslie for a guy. Good thing is...he loved Elena enough to agree to change his name to satisfy her creator. 

I'm very pleased to introduce Mr. Edwin Montgomery! He cleaned up super nice.  He is an outdoor enthusiast with the following traits: Goofball, outgoing, good, collector. He is a young adult and I felt he might be a good fit for the scientist career.  I figure that scientists still get to look for collectables so hopefully it'll be enough to keep him happy!

With two days before either of them have to return to work, I decided to send Elena and Edwin on a honey moon to Granite Falls.  Imagine my surprise when this popped up!!!  Oh my goodness. I do have a risky woohoo mod in (2% chance of pregnancy) but I honestly didn't think about having her take a pregnancy test after that bit of fun at the nightclub.  Oh boy...that's going to be one wild tale for the future generations, "Yes, I was conceived in a closet at a nightclub on the night my mom and dad eloped. Did I mention that they'd only known each other for 48 hours?" 

 
Elena's face when she figured out she was pregnant




I have to say, Edwin's reaction was pretty funny. Both of them were chuckling and in shock as she broke the news. It was a total, "Dude, we did that?! Are you sure?" kind of moment. These two are adorable and while I wish they'd have waited a little bit...life just threw us a surprise and I can't be too upset! Oh who am I kidding...I love babies! Babies, babies, babies for everyone!


So, this is where we are...looks like we're starting generation three a bit early but I guess we will have the baby making done and out of the way and can focus on skills and such when baby grows up!  

Before I sign off I just wanted to take a little moment to share some throwback pictures of Ember and how things were. That last farewell to one generation before we plunge feet first into the next.
Stay tuned for the next chapter and a new beginning for the Montgomery Legacy.

No comments