Ella Matthews Legacy Challenge - G1E5

If you're new to the Ella Matthews Legacy, you can go {here} to begin reading with Episode 1!

The previous chapter of Ella's journey ended with a house renovation. The beginning of this journey starts with another renovation.


The house is slowly accumulating more stuff as Ella and Sergio get more rewards from their job promotions. Ella's items specifically take a lot of room, as she's in the Painter career. And thanks to Sergio's field of Music, he's got a honkin' piano in the basement. One of these days I hope that piano can be moved to the living room. Unfortunately, though, I'm sure Papa Sergio will be long gone. 

But for now, here you can see the improvements I made to the first floor. A second floor will have to be added soon, as the kids are quickly going to need more room for all of their stuff.


L-R: Sebastian, Alyson (next heir), Ella, Sergio, and Amelia

I promised you a family photo, and this is the best I could achieve. These people are totally uncooperative and clearly camera shy. Only Sebastian seems to want to stare at the camera. Too bad there's not an acting career--I bet he'd be a shoo-in.

Yes, I sprang that on you really fast, huh? Alyson caught her a man really fast. His name is Quentin Hagan. He's a Romantic Snob with a Painter aspiration. He is actually in Alyson's study group and they hit it off really quickly. 

They quickly became Boyfriend and Girlfriend, and they became quite besotted. 

Alyson and Quentin exchanged Promise rings, and as you can see, Mom Ella is looking on and has no qualms about Alyson's choice to take on the family line.

Speaking of Ella, neither she nor Sergio have sprung any desire to have further children at this point. Sergio is literally moments from going elder, but Alyson is still several days behind him, as he was an Adult when they married. As I've mentioned in the past, my rule is that I control the neighborhood population by only allowing my sims to have children when they spin the want. It helps with my already bloated neighborhoods.


Speaking of Sergio, he got himself another promotion. Yay! Means my second floor is coming right up in 5, 4, 3, 2 ....


See this? This is Quentin moving in. Since he's an NPC and he is not living in any neighborhood, I decided to move him into the household while he's still a teen, so that when Alyson ages up, he can age up with her and they can get married at that point. There are no rules in the Legacy Challenge that speak against it, so I figured this would be the easiest way to get him into the home and allow everything to transition smoothly.

And now it's time for the second floor. Unfortunately, there's not enough money in the funds to do much more than build the second floor and add doors to the rooms. Beds will be moved up there, as well as a shower, but that will be all that I'll be allowed to do financially.


The room setup is (l-r) Alyson and Amelia, Quentin, and Sebastian. The last room on the far right will eventually be a master suite for Alyson and Quentin. Sergio and Ella will remain downstairs in the in-law suite.


Right after Quentin's moving in, Amelia aged up to Teen. Remember my talking about Evil being my worst nightmare to roll for my sims? Well, Amelia rolled the Chief of Mischief Aspiration. Glorious. I really have no desire to cause mayhem in my legacy house, but if Amelia really wants to be a dastardly individual, I won't stop her. But I'm not going to encourage it either.

Meh. At least she's not Evil.


 






























 Poor girl aged up quite unfortunate looking. The dress is not a fit for her personality, and the bluish black hair totally washes her out. So, I sent her on for a makeover. The After photo is much better.


Three days later, it was Alyson's turn. Which meant it was Quentin's turn, too. They used the same cake. Yeah, we're cheap like that in this legacy house.

Alyson looks like she's ready for her turn as legacy matriarch. Good luck, girlfriend. Good luck.


Thankfully, her Young Adult trait rolled as Family Oriented, which is good. I'm glad she doesn't hate children, because we kinda need children to keep this thing going. *ahem*

I purchased "Entrepreneurial" from the Rewards Store, and I hope that doesn't break the rules. I didn't read anything that led me to believe that it was wrong to do so. I stay away from the Rewards that reduce their bills, give them money, etc. Entrepreneurial gives them promotions faster, but I figure it's all going to come out in the wash--they only get so many promotions, so I figure it's not that big of a deal. She's not going to go to work right away right now anyway--I'm going to wait till Papa Sergio is gone first, then I'll put her into the Cooking field since she already has a garden.

Quentin rolled the trait Jealous for his Young Adult aging. That one annoys me, but I can deal with it.

He's a Painter like his mother-in-law, so there will be a nice, steady stream of income coming in when Sergio and Ella are passed.

That's all for Ella's generation. At this point, Sergio and Ella will continue to live in the downstairs suite and continue working like always, but my major focus will be on Quentin and Alyson. By the way, Quentin took on the Matthews name since Alyson technically is the Matriarch and heir to the family.

Check back in a few days for Alyson's taking over the challenge!

2 comments

  1. Good luck!Amelia looks much better after her makeover! :) What are your plans for your spares?

    ReplyDelete