Ella Matthews Legacy Challenge G1E3

If you're new to the Ella Matthews Legacy, you can go {here} to begin reading with Episode 1!

During the {last episode} of Ella Matthews' Legacy, Ella had her heir born--a little girl named Alyson. 


As long as there is no horrific accident, Alyson is going to inherit her parents' humble home, such as it is.

Don't look so forlorn, Alyson. I'm going to give you a home with siding and paint here very soon.

And a makeover. I promise.

Don't give me that look. You look like your mother when you scowl at me that way. Go play violin or something.

In order to determine Alyson's traits, I used {this trait generator}, and I really like it. It takes the traits of both parents and randomly picks the traits for children, teens, etc. I always use it for my legacies.

Here are Alyson's traits. Her dad Sergio is a musician, and her mother is a painter.

So now I'm going to go to work on the house and a makeover for Alyson. They finally have enough money that I can do a little building and sparse furnishings and cheap plumbing. Sergio was a NPC and happened to have a maxed-out Mechanical skill, so when the plumbing goes kaput, he'll be able to fix them in a jiffy.

The house looks pitiful right now, but hey we've got how many generations to get through? It'll get large with time.

I don't think I mentioned in previous episodes, but this lot is in Newport, on a 50x40 lot. Challenge calls for a 50x50, but I wasn't going to displace current sims already living on those lots.

Cheap walls, cheap floors, cheap everything really! They have what they need at this point. The rest will come later.

A small ranch-style house with two bedrooms and two baths with an open living/dining room will suffice.

Live mode. I go to send Alyson to bed and get Sergio to shower and Ella finds out she's expecting.

Looks like she's got her spare! She's inching closer to Adult, and Sergio is just a few days away from Elder, so my guess is that they may not have too many more children. But we'll see.

 I think Ella's growing up. Or happier. I dunno. Her typical scowls have lessened.

She now tends to carry around this blank look. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on her.

Maybe I'll allow her to watch TV every now and then.

Or mindlessly get book after book after book off the shelf and leave them everywhe--no, I won't allow that to happen. Drives me nuts.

The next sim morning, I gave Alyson her makeover.

I wish I'd taken a picture of the outfit she spun into when she aged from infant to child. It was quite hideous.

I'd be happier, too, Alyson.

I think she'd be happier if she had a study group or something to gallivant and converse with children and teens. I need to get on that.

Speaking of social groups, this is what happens after Ella's Artsy Tartsy art group meets. And this is a result of ONE sim, because there are only two of them in the group.

Yup, you guess it: Ulrike. Five books, three mugs of coffee, and an empty bowl. All Ulrike's doing (remember her friend in Episode 1 & 2?).

I don't appreciate this, Ulrike.

The least you could do is clean up. Or hey, how about FINISH READING THE BOOK YOU START?

It's 3PM, and Ella has eaten three times now. She is like a bottomless pit. I've never noticed my expecting sims eating as much as she has on this day.

Sergio comes into the kitchen, and he must've thought the same thing I did because he came into the kitchen and just stared at her.

Weirdo.

Ella should be having this baby soon. I'm anxious to see what this new kid looks like. I hope it's blond just to see a mixup in the genetics.

I know I'm a slave-driver, Ella, but get out one more painting before the baby comes so that you can make sure you're not exhausted tomorrow when you have to go back to work.

What? You expect maternity leave? Sorry--you're scheduled to work tomorrow, so when you have this baby tonight, you'll be going to work in the morning. So, finish that painting!

Future generations need that money so they can one day have a foosball table and swimming pool!

I know I'm cruel. Sorry. :(

She went into labor shortly after finishing that painting, but she was so tired she passed out, so I sent her to bed while she was in labor. She had the baby at 2:32 am, and I sent her to bed after she had some yogurt.

This baby is taking after Daddy Sergio too, with what appears to be darker skin and brown eyes.

Her name is....

Amelia. Thanks to Kristin for the suggestion!!

Please send in your suggestions on any of my Legacy posts and if yours is chosen, I'll mention your name in my blog post.

Read the next post which will include another home upgrade and hopefully a family portrait!

1 comment