Ella Matthews Legacy Challenge G1E4

If you're new to the Ella Matthews Legacy, you can go {here} to begin reading with Episode 1!

After the birth of Baby Amelia in the {last episode}, the family continued on as usual. 

Sergio is almost an elder now, and Ella is inching closer to adult status. Little Alyson is about to become a teen.

Literally the next day after having Amelia, Ella spun the want to have a baby. Are you kidding me?! Oh my goodness. I've never had sims want to have kids like this back to back to back. They're wearing me out, and they really have no idea how nervous they're making me with their finances.


But I relented and allowed her to have her wish. She woke up in the middle of the night, woke Sergio too. The two of them have been exhausted with trying to keep up with their jobs, take care of baby Amelia and pay the bills.

Sergio, ever the charming, has had no qualms about being wakened. Bless him.

These four are living in a cramped home. They obviously need some more space. I'm going to try to give them a basement where she can put her easels (she has two now, thanks to her career advance unlocking a spiffy easel). Now maybe her friend Ulrike will stop reading 5,000 books and leaving them all over the floor! Ulrike never ceases to annoy me.


Another couple of days passed (sorry I didn't get pictures--this has been an insane week and I've only played hit and miss). Amelia became a child, and Ella is about to pop. In fact, she went into labor in this photo as you see.

Sergio is getting some skilling finished before the baby comes.

Let me take a moment to brag on these two. I work them to the BONE but they seem to always want to talk and interact with their kids. They're a pretty phenomenal team.

Yes, Ella. I'm not joking this time.

Keep eating your yogurt. Ahem.


Literally moments later, she had to go to the bathroom and then it was go time.

She cracks me up with her facial expressions when she's in labor. She really makes childbirth look quite frightening.

This is baby number three, Ella. Are we done now? You look like you're considering wrapping up your childbearing.


She had a boy this time! Baby Sebastian it is. Thanks, Kristin, for the name! 

Kiddo has his daddy's eye color--brown. So far Alyson is the only one with her mama's blue eyes. I guess the heir will keep the blue eye genes in the pool.

Sebastian looks pleasant, doesn't he? I like his little monkey jumper.

Let's hope his personality traits spin nicely and he doesn't become evil or something. I hate that.

Ella, sweetie, you did good. He's a cutie! A great last baby, eh? What? Don't tell me....


Two days after Sebastian's birth, the two of them had enough money ($5k) that I was able to do a little expanding. The basement was started, and furnished sparingly. But now they have more room to move around and more room when their club company comes over. Alyson's study group has six members (including herself and her sister), so the house gets feeling cramped quickly. I threw in a third bathroom, because they're a family of five now. Since Ella is still a young adult (though barely), she may have quite a bit more time to have some more kids.


This just happened. Golly gee, girlfriend. It just seems like yesterday you were born. Sniff. Soon enough you'll be taking over the reins and having your own kids.

She randomly rolled {like I've said before, I use this trait randomizer} Freelance Botanist. Not the worst trait, but not my favorite either. Gardening takes a lot of time, and I hate having to do it with a Legacy Heir.


I sent her right away to gather seeds. Wouldn't you know it--the tomato plant cannot be harvested. Isn't that glorious? Sigh.

This sweet girl needs a makeover so badly. I hadn't noticed her shoes until now. Her shorts are quite hideous too.

Oh well--first things first. We'll worry about your lack of style when we have more time, Alyson.

She gathered quite a bit of loot and headed home. It was almost 11PM by this point, so I sent her home.

Tomorrow, she'll plant!


I got her home and made sure she got her shower and ate some yogurt. Then she headed to the mirror for a little quick makeover.

I didn't change her hair. It seemed to go with her gardening trait, and seemed to fit her personality, so I just went with it.

Her outfit and shoes though had to go.

The after shot is much better.

This little dude just grew right up! Thankfully, his traits weren't disastrous. I was so afraid he'd wind up with Evil or something just as hideous.

He's Lazy, but that's not too awfully bad of a trait to get stuck with. Maybe he'll luck out with something better next time.

Like Genius. Hehehe


I mentioned when he was born that he was born with his dad's eyes, and he definitely was. But what I wasn't expecting was that blond hair! I couldn't tell really when he was a baby, because their eyebrows often look the same. So the blond really surprised me.

Cool dispersion of the gene pool! He's kind of rough looking though. I'll be anxious to see what he looks like when he's a teen.

So far, so good, with these kids. No one has been a complete disaster yet.


Remember how I told you that they have a houseful when the Study club comes by? Here's what I mean. The living room and kitchen are combined into one small space, and all of those people in one room make me feel anxious!

And there's Ella right in the middle of it, eating her yogurt. See that thought bubble she has? Yup. She's trying to drown out all the noise and focus on her yogurt. I get you, Ella. *thumbs up*


The next day Ella and Sergio both got promotions.

Sergio's promotion meant that he had to choose whether he was going to choose Musician or Comedian. He's a musician, so that was obvious. But now that meant I had to buy them a piano. Wah-wah-wah. That hurt. I've been saving up their money to buy a build-on to the house, but that ate into the budget, big time. Not to mention I wanted to spruce up Alyson's garden a bit, which I eventually did. (See below.)



After two sim days, I had enough money to build a fence all the way around Alyson's garden and build on to the house. Here's the result:
The little property is coming along. It has no sprucing up outdoors. We've got several generations who can be working on that. For now, it's about survival and having space for all of the people living there.


Stick around for the next episode of Ella's Legacy Challenge.
I'll be finally getting a family portrait and we'll see if
Ella and Sergio decide more kids are in the plans!

1 comment