Into the Strangerville Lab

 

It took time to get here but that door is coming open. . . I hope.  I mean I guess the reality is that we are about to see if the mysterious key card that showed up in the mailbox actually works.  

Something happened when we, I mean I, made it through the doors. You can see it instantly - something floating in the air. I just gets creepier as you go through the door and down the stairs. Something was - still is - going on here and now it's out. Out in the air, in the community and even at MY house! It's changing the air, the plants, the people. . .

 It is literally like everything changed as I came back up those stairs.  I know the locals know more than they are sharing and I was determined to figure it out.   

 

First order of business was to swing by Erwin's shop and compare notes and experiences.  From there I was headed to 8 Bells.   Those military guys know something and I was going to find out what.  I may have neglected to document the experience but I can share it was a doozie.  I knew my person had rank and I knew that I had to play it smart.  I found my rank and knew they were lying.  The smart part not so much. . . they knew I was playing them and it turned into a knock down drag out fight but I walked way with what I needed.  I'm not sure why I need it or how it works but it supposedly scans the air and makes the particles that escaped the lab with us visible and collectible.  Here we go!

I don't know what it's done to my neighbors but it's out of control.  He almost ripped my hand off when I tried to help him snap out of it.  I mean I tried to slap him but how else do you snap someone to reality?!?  It's even invading my house now!  Everything is changing and changing fast!  I scanned everything everywhere (even the infected) and gathered a lot of spores.  

 

The machine basically gave me a bunch of gibberish. . . oh I'm sure it means something but I don't know at.  Check out the top there though, I tried to go exploring but something possessed me and completely messed up my awareness for a bit.  I'm better now but I don't know something is very off about this place.  I won't give up but I'm also terrified.  I took the gibberish and met with a one of the scientists that I've become 'friendly' with.  She's going to take my data and compare with what's already stored in the systems along with any other known information that may not yet be correlated. I took my fears and met with Erwin and he had some suggestions as well.  Ultimately I walked away with an incomplete haz mat suit and a spore filter to use in it.  Just a bit more time to work up my courage and I'm going back to that lab.  I'm running out of time and the situation gets more and more complex with each bit I figure out.

There's still a lot to learn here.  A lot to explore. . . more than you realize.  However, a bit back I promised to come back and address the tiny little plant under the kitchen window.  Meet Hector, he lived, he thrived, he died all under that kitchen window.

 

Until next week. . .stay safe out there~

No comments