Strangerville Summer

 

 It was late when I rolled into town but it didn't take much to get settled in.  I had so little stuff to add to such a micro tiny house!  I feel like I'll forever be tired with work hours (5am!?!) and hearing the clock ticking on my time in Strangerville.

This!  This is what I'm here for.  Crater turned military base turned Secret Lab.  Ultimately abandoned due to an unexplained explosion - that is the reason I'm here.  I mean the history alone is worthy of time and research but the explosion that caused everyone with any knowledge, really any power, to scatter and leave everything behind that is what I want to understand.  That and the unusual plants that you don't notice in the dark but area literally everywhere!  Even in my yard!

Creepy cool looking right?  The are literally everywhere and the closer you get to the crater the more prolific they get.  I haven't yet figured out if they bloom or pod or even open.  I'm not giving up as it's just the start of what is going on in this otherwise idyllic dessert town. 

For those of you questioning the plant in the corner of the house never fear, I'll explain that later. . . I promise.  I may be exploring and studying Strangerville but that doesn't mean I'm not also completely embracing life and every opportunity that comes my way! 

And in the vein of Strangerville the first order of business, after checking out the glowing plants, is to go where the locals go.  I took a few pick up shifts at 8 Bells, the local bar where the military personnel spend their off time.  I can tell you that while they like their drinks strong and their flirt game is just as strong, so are their lips.  Not one secret shared. . . but some little tips did rise to the surface.  

I also spent some time at the Strangerville Information Center which is just a fancy name for the local library.  I mean not only are books a wealth of information but the scientists all tend to gather there.  Most are still reeling from recent events at the lab and out of any where else to go.  They too are tight lipped about why they are here and what happened to cause the explosion but a few little leads might lead me somewhere.

Don't forget the Conspiracy Theorists.  You might shake your head but let me tell you I've yet to meet someone who comes across as woo woo. There's a LOT of truth there it's just a matter of piecing the right parts together. I can say that in spending time with the locals I've made some friends, had a few adventures, (living every opportunity!) and perhaps, just perhaps a reason to return after school. . . 

Speaking of friends I've been drug all over the desert for different events.  The most recent was The Spice Festival.  Not only did I completely kill all taste buds for life but that's also where I stumbled across that tiny little Cow Plant seed, you know where that small little plant came from.  I can't wait for it to grow and see what it becomes!

Before you start judging me that I'm all play and no research I assure you that is not the case.  Remember that half the battle is building trust with the locals so that I can research.  I won't lie though I feel like the summer is moving too fast and that I'm going to run out of time.  I've got 62 days to go.


No comments