Tifani Triumph: Life of Crime Years Part 4/Business Years Part 3/The Other House

Janabel:  FIZZY!!!
Me:  You bellowed?
Janabel:  HOW. DARE. YOU.
Me:  What did I dare? I haven't done that it a day or so, dare anyone that is.
Janabel: STOP!  JUST LOOK AT THIS.
Me:  Oh, wow, I barely noticed.  Congratulations.  You must have just found out.
Janabel:  STOP WITH THE POPPYCOCK!  I KNOW YOU DID THIS!
Me:  You can stop yelling now.  I think they can hear you in the next town over. Seriously, what's the problem? Paul turned out amazing don't you think?
Janabel:  Stop.  Enough already.  What have you done?
Me:  Again, it doesn't look like I was the one doing stuff.
Janabel:  I don't like you.  You know exactly what I mean.
Me:  Well, that's wonderful that you don't like me.  I'm so offended by that statement.  Guess what? It doesn't matter what you think of me.  It's really more important what I think of you doncha think?
Janabel:  Oh blessed tomatoes!  Stop already.  Birth control.  I have birth control.  And don't give me that whole 'it's not 100% effective' line of popcorn again.
Me:  Well, now that we are educated on birth control effectiveness.  You mean you had birth control?  And you took it every day?   Followed the directions exactly?  Read the inserts and everything?
Janabel:  I. DON'T. LIKE. YOU.  Just stop.
Me:  You are the one who's birth control failed, not me. I'm just making sure there was no user error to change the effective rate is all.

Janabel:  Why do I bother?

I guess you could say that Janabel is not overly happy about having another child.  Oops!  Before we just into her crazy world let's check out what the 'normal' children are up to in the other house.
Long story short, Abigail grew to toddler and child, Delilah grew to an adult, a couple of promotions for everyone but always having high social makes it hard to maintain outside friendships.  Short story long Abigail had a couple of glitches were when daddy laid her down she just hung out in front of him, suspended, while he cleaned up the kitchen.  When mommy went to put her in the crib before heading to the mirror to work on her charisma skill mommy ended up carrying her with her.  Abigail tried to help out, while creating a pretty cute photo op!  Now that is serious mommy and daddy skills~  Abigail learned all her toddler skills with days to spare thanks to her doting Aunt Delilah and grew up to a child in platinum.  She's working hard and being a good kid but there's just so much mischief to get into, and keeping happy is sometimes difficult.  Delilah has decided to stick around with her brother and sister-in-law for a while.  With no man on the horizon and no real need to get her own place just yet it makes sense to stay together as a family, for now. 

Meanwhile, back at the Main house...

Janabel made me suffer through her pregnancy, it really wasn't that bad but the evil looks made me nervous, and had a beautiful baby girl named Martha.
What you don't see is that Janabel is just planning to lay her on the floor...her time is done.  Daddy runs to the rescue and whisks her to the fridge for her first of 5 million bottles and then with some coaxing to her crib upstairs.

Some days of just working in skills and trying to keep friendships up for promotions and before you know it Martha is about to become a toddler.


She is completely  Daddy's girl and Randy works with her to gain all her toddler skills.  Janabel, well she's prime for a promotion and can't take her eye off the prize.  Her ultimate goal in life.








Janabel:  Hey, Almighty Fizzy Thing.
Me:  Yes dear.
Janabel:  What do you have to say now?
Me:  About?
Janabel:  My promotion.  Thought I couldn't do it didn't ya?
Me:  I never said couldn't.  I said shouldn't.  Big difference.
Janabel:  Tomato, potato, whatever.

The first household member to rise to the top of the underworld becomes part of the “family”. While the household does not get a cut of the profits, they no longer have to pay any protection money. The Life of Crime restriction is lifted.
With her only life goal under her belt Janabel grow bored quickly and her roaming eye finds a target. One of her old Silver Hair team.  Neil.  And before long there is trouble brewing.





You know where this is headed doncha?

And she sure isn't speaking to me right now.

Janabel:  Neil, we have a problem.
Neil:  We? 
Janabel:  You swore I wouldn't get pregnant.  You said it was 'fixed' so yes WE have a problem.
Neil:  You swore you were on birth control so there would be no problem.  So looks like YOU have a problem.
Janabel:  Is it 'fixed' or not?!?
Neil:  Are you on birth control or not?  Is it even mine or not?
Janabel:  I hate you! 

And Randy?  Clueless.  Poor guy, while this is all going on his biggest want is to have a baby. 

While Janabel is busy not speaking to me, Martha grows from a toddler, with full skills thanks to Daddy to a child.  Seriously, what is with this family.  Generation after generation they have major life events in the bathroom!
The very next day Randy maxes out his Business career.  He really is excited, I promise.  He's just also really unhappy in the fun department.  And he doesn't even know yet that the baby isn't his!
Once an economic leader from the family rebuilds the economic structure of the region, the Business restrictions are lifted. In addition, the Open/Closed sign may be purchased and used from the Miscellaneous Decorative category. The old-style cash register may be purchased from the Electronics tab, even if these items are still restricted otherwise.
The next day Paul ages to teen and it's time for the usual chat.  Paul is a good kid, a smart kid really and I know that despite his mother, really she didn't raise him, he has a bright future.

Me: Paul, have time for a chat?
Paul:  Sure Fizzy.  Though I'm pretty certain I know where this is going.
Me:  Oh?  Spill.
Paul:  I've been talking to Dad.  I know that it's time I figure out what I want to do with my life and that you have a list of choices for me to go over and choose from.
Me:  You are quite smart as that is exactly what we need to chat about.  As the leader of the next generation it is up to you to select a career path to follow.  And later, to chose a spouse that will help this family forward.  But no rush there, seriously.
Paul:  I've thought about it.  I'm not certain what you have available for me but I know that I want to work in housing.  This house is cramped.  There's barely room to turn around when everyone is home.  And we are the lucky ones.  Have you seen some of the 'houses' people are forced to live in due to lack of appropriate materials?
Me:  Oh, soft hearted one aren't ya?  I think I have exactly the career path you are looking for here in my list.  Architecture. 
Paul took the list and actually looked over every single item.  And that night went with his dad downtown to apply for the job.
The nuclear meltdown and resulting steam explosion contaminated the local area, including the buildings. Their structural integrity lost, many buildings simply collapsed while others were condemned due to heavy radiation. As the survivors cling to life, they resort to building basic shelters to protect themselves from the elements. Without proper knowledge of building safety requirements, these shelters were kept as simple as possible to avoid risk of collapse. Making do with scraps of wood, carpet, metal, mortar, and bricks, survivors no longer dream of building beautiful abodes.

Before we leave this week with the Triumph family a new family member would like to make their debut as well.
Janabel:  FIZZY!
Me:  Oh goodness, is it baby time?
Janabel:  I BEYOND CAN'T STAND YOU!
Me:  Just relax, you know it will be over before you know it.  Another baby to love.
Janabel:  WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?
Me:  Stop yelling, seriously the whole community doesn't need in on this.
Janabel:  Why?  Why are you doing this to me?  What have you done?
Me:  Again, perhaps anatomy needs to be studied.  I am not 'doing' anything.  You are.
Janabel:  What did you do to my birth control?  I know you did something.  Neil is a creetin liar 'fixed' my pregnant tummy.
At that point baby Peter joins the family and Janabel immediately hands him over to Paul and heads back to bed. 

Should I tell her the whole story or leave her guessing?  Until next time...

1 comment