Tifani Triumph: Political Years Part 4/Education Years Part 1

Last we left Jeremiah and Felicia had taken the plunge and married.  Paul and Jill are more than ready to hand things off to the next generation though all Paul cares about is Grand-babies.  It's time to sit down with Felicia and find her direction for the future. And I think Jeremiah has been working on some ideas for his political platform...let's hope there's not a lot of Janabel influence carrying over there.  Let's jump in shall we?

First things first, a conversation with Felicia is in order.  That she understands the importance of her role for the community and the value she has for the future of this family.  And please for the love of hash browns let Jeremiah have prepared her for this.
Me: Felicia, have a moment to chat?
Felicia:  Almighty Ruler?  Really, you are going to talk to me?
Me:  Call me Fizzy.  So, I've never really had to include this into my conversations before but well, things have definitely changed.  You know that an heir is required correct?
Felicia:  Of course!  Jeremiah and I can't wait to start a family together!
Me:  Enthusiastic much?
Felicia:  I love him, and I want to have a family with him.  And face it, a family will help with his political career as well.  I'm not a total ditz-bag.  I do understand the importance of family and background to politics.
Me:  And a climber.  Wish I could say good talk but there's mor...
Felicia:  I know.  I have to chose a career.  Jeremiah prepared me for this!  I know there's a list.  But I also know the importance of choosing something that will benefit Jeremiah as well.  I know, I know future generations and all that stuff but honestly, Jeremiah has such plans that will benefit future generations and I need to do something that will benefit that plan.  List please?
Me:  Here ya go.  Good talk.

Have to tell you, never saw that coming.  She appears meek and mild.  Seriously, like Little House on the Prairie mild mannered.  Not Real Housewives crazy.  Can't wait to see what career she chooses, there's not a lot of choices left in this tier.  And of course, which one will best benefit Jeremiah?

Meanwhile...
Jeremiah: Fizzy, I need your help.
Me:  Really?  What's up?
Jeremiah:  With Jana gone it's hard to really develop my platform and the Mayorship is up for election this cycle.  It's the pinacle.  Everything I have worked for.  Can you look over my ideas?  Felicia loves everything and Mom and Dad don't get it.  They are too old fashioned.
Me:  Sure.  What do you have prepared?
Jeremiah:  I've got it all written out for you.  Just look it over, any advice is appreciated.
Me:  Jeremiah, got a moment?
Jeremiah:  Absolutely!  Did you get a chance to read it?  What did you think?
Me:  Well, it's a lot of good ideas.  It's obvious you thought them through and have a vision for the future.  But..
Jeremiah:  I did put a lot of thought into it.  Jana taught me so much.  She gave me so many ideas and thoughts and...You said but.
Me:  They are great ideas.  There is a lot of thought.  But it's also not relate-able to most of the population.  Janabel did give you a lot of opportunities.  Opportunities that most of the population does not have access too.  Your platform is not relate-able only in the sense that, the language you chose to use is not understandable to the average Sim.  And...
Jeremiah:  That's OK though.  This proposal is for the Party Committee, and I won't hand them this paper, I'll explain it.  And then I will make it relate-able to all the Sims on the campaign trail.  And best of all, Felicia has decided to go into education for her career.  She is going to work hard toward providing opportunities for all Sims to have the ability to go to school and further themselves beyond the basics.
Me:  That's great!  I know that the future is something that both of you are passionate about.  However, and I realize that your means of doing amazing campaign graphics is limited but seriously SAP?  You can do better than that.
Jeremiah:  I'm sure that party will have ideas and someone.  I'm not an artist, and neither is Felicia.  But they will.  But the ideas?  Are the ideas good?  Are they good for our future?
Me:  They are good.  They are worthy, important ideas.  They just need to be made relate-able.  Work on that ok?

All the major school systems are in ruins. Education has all but gone from the region. All that remains is a small gathering of teachers in a safe house to teach younger Sims the basics.
 While Jill has made her choice she has also decided to postpone starting until after the requisite heir is born.
Jeremiah hit the campaign trail with better graphics, better grasp of understanding of how to relate to the people, and having a pregnant wife at his side didn't hurt a bit.
After a great political leader emerges from the family and takes over the office of Mayor, political corruption is cleaned up. Building supplies from other parts of the country are shipped in and distributed to those who need it. The corrupt ‘housing permit’ laws are repealed. The prestige and notoriety gained by the family allows them to sway the actions others, who see everybody from the family as a leader. The Political restrictions are lifted.
There is so much to be grateful for this week in the main house.  Jeremiah wins the Election unlocking the Politics career for future generations, Felicia is expecting their first (and for the love of grits) only child, and has chosen a future in education.  Jill is content to continue working every day.  Paul can only mutter and think about grand-babies.  But he doesn't quite make it long enough to meet his first (and please mashed potatoes only) grandchild due to a date with Grimmy.

Paul was 5th Generation Post Apocalypse heir. Oldest child of Janabel and Randy he set his sights to be as little like his mother as possible.  He met and married Jill, the love of his life.  He also chose to pursue a dream of Architecture in order to provide better shelter for all citizens.  And with better shelter truly came better security.  He provided opportunities to upgrade and enlarge the original house.  He loved his family, he loved his community and he loved his chosen career.  He was a good, if not somewhat retiring, man who will be missed.
Grimmy is really starting to get on my nerves.  I feel like he is coming to visit somewhere to someone every week.  It's hard to say goodbye but it's important to continue moving forward.  The fate of all Simitizens depends on it. Until next time...and a check in with the other houses as well.

No comments