Tifani Triumph: The Law Years Part 2/Life of Crime Years Part 1

Welcome back!  Looking back Janabel, the first girl child of the Apocalypse had just aged to a child after spending her toddler years been taught and coddled by her PawPaw.  We also lost Sophie to her date with Grim.
Shortly after Janabel's age transition her dear PawPaw also discovered that he had a date with Grim as well.  She was a blessed little girl to have been such a good, if not smothering during infancy, hobby for Adam. Adam worked hard during his teen and early adult years next to his dad in the medical field.  After Doo Rag actually managed to reach the pinnacle of the career field Adam chose to change paths to the Natural Science career.  On his first day of work Adam managed a random, correctly answered, chance card that rocketed him to Ecological Guru, providing sims near and far with gardens, flowers, trees, and lawns again.  Nothing really grows in the constant winter weather but the options are there once the climate is once again controlled.

Adam passed away in platinum aspiration and Grim appeared for a luau, hula girls and all, though they were sideways in the kitchen...still not sure how did managed that.

Moving forward, society may not forget Adam anytime soon, but there is more living to do.  And a unique situation, for me, to handle.  Isiah and Kaylynn both spun the want to have a baby.  At the same time.  Now, bear in mind that while the house is two story there is only an 8x8 footprint for the house.  And no one, no one, can move out for any reason just now.  Do I, as the Almighty Ruler of Everything, give them this want or deny it?  It was hard.  But then a misclick on my part and it happened anyway.  They are expecting, again.  My luck will be twins.  Please, no twins.  Toes totally crossed.
Not much later Janabel was graced with a little brother.  She's not sure, yet, how she feels about that but meet baby Samson.
Janabel is really struggling without her PawPaw.  Isiah and Sophie attempt to interest her in continuing her home education with little success.  She spends a lot of time in the cemetery and with some elderly neighborhood walkers.  Honestly she sorta pretends her brother doesn't exist.  Meanwhile Kaylynn keeps going to work everyday, happy, skills in place, requisite number of friends and no promotions.  Not even a chance card.  These guys are starting to bore me I tell ya. Samson grows into a cute toddler while Kaylynn and Isiah both want another child.  I must be drinking their crazy juice because I let them and along comes baby Delilah, another girl!  Kaylynn better get these promotions and unlock her career so that I can move these spares out!































Much like his father before him, only with his own children and not his grandchildren, Isiah ensures that Delilah gets a bottle every 5 minutes and never gets to sleep while also ensuring that Samson gets all of his toddler skills down pat.  When Delilah is born Kaylynn is just 3 days from elder.  At two days the woman pops another want for another child.  Lo and behold Isiah did as well!  I had to sit them down and have a wee chat about Simopause and how it was not, could not, even if it could over my dead body was not happening.  Did Doo Rag not educate them?  I mean he was a medical pioneer, he had to know this stuff!  No! More! Babies!

Kaylynn is making slow progress up the career ladder as the season turns to a bunch of birthdays. Janabel turns to a teen, Samson a child, Delilah a toddler and Kaylynn an elder all over two days time!
With no pressure for Janabel to have to get a job right away as the family is more than loaded, even with paying the weekly protection fees, I just let her know where her options lie and let tell her to get back to me when she's decided.  Not even 24 hours later she requested a private meeting in the upstairs bedroom.
Janabel: Hey, Almighty?  Can we chat?
Me:  Must be serious, calling me that.  You must want something.
Janabel:  Not really want.  But I've made a decision.
Me: Oh?
Janabel:  I've decided my future.  I'd already decided it long before now but well you know.
Me:  Well, I don't know.  What have you decided?
Janabel:  You know the silver hairs?
Me: The what?!
Janabel:  The Silver Hairs?  You know the OLD people I visit with?
Me: Oh, yeah.  So?
Janabel:  I've been running numbers for them for years.  I've got a pretty sweet gig going and I want to continue it. With my connections I could be the Criminal Mastermind in no time.
Me: What? Wait? WHAT! You?  Do you know who your Great Grandma was?
Janabel: Yea.  No one ever lets me forget.
Me: And you want to be a criminal?  Have you, by chance, met your parents?
Janabel:  Unfortunately.
Me:  Your dad is Captain Hero and your mom is almost The Law.  Do you seriously think this is even an option?
Janabel:  It's the only option.  And honestly, it's already done.  I've got a sweet job as a street hawker downtown.
Me:  Your dad?  You would seriously put your dad in a position to have to explain to the entire police force that his daughter is a criminal?
Janabel:  Please.  I'm not going to get caught.  He never has to know.
Me:  Your dad.  Never has to know?  For the love of tomatoes, he's Captain Hero.  He'll know.
Janabel:  Fizz.  Chill.  He's old.  He's retired.  He has the two spares to keep him occupied.  He'll never know.
Me:  Ok. If you want to try to convince yourself of that.  Mom?  I mean seriously. Law.  Lawyer.  Going be The Law if she doesn't die trying.  What do you want her to tell her law abiding coworkers and friends when you get caught and need representation?
Janabel: Enough with the get caught!  I'm not getting caught.  And again.  She's old.  She has the two spares when she's not trying to get the next promotion.  Maybe you forgot where I said it's done.  I'm in the life of crime career.  It's where I want to be.  I have connections.  I promise you this is a no brainer.  It has to be unlocked anyway, right? 
Me:  Well, maybe by a spouse.  A few generations down.  Not by the daughter of Captain Hero and The Law.
Janabel:  We're done here.  Thanks for your time.  And for keeping my secret.  Because I know you will  You have to to save your own face.  Bye Fizz!
 “Nice place you have. I’d hate to see anything bad happen to it.” 
The local organized crime family has taken advantage of the lawlessness in the region to set up a protection racket. Joey “The Comb” and his goons force people to pay hefty sums to ensure nothing “bad” happens to what few possessions they have left. While some try to fight the mob, most just give in and pay.
This girl is about to drive me batty.  She seemed so sweet and innocent.  Where did everything go sideways?  Where did this attitude come from because it surely isn't genetic.  I'm wondering if I should be worried about the lives of her parents.  There's so much venom there I almost fear she might do something drastic.  But she is right.  I will not be the one to tell them what she is about.  I just can't bear to break their hearts.  That's her decision, her place.  If she does so chose to tell them I will do my best to pick up the pieces. 


While Janabel is out persuing her criminal activity Isiah is throwing himself into helping Delilah achieve toddler skills and that Samson is trying to stay grounded. He knows he's a spare. He knows that there is no real goal or pressure for him.  And he's soaking it all in.  There's a lazy way to do everything.  Literally everything.  Kaylynn is anything but lazy and has worked hard, stayed focused, and managed to secure the future of the law for generations to come.  Kaylynn is The Law.
Just a side note:  those snowmen look angry!

The Sim who becomes The Law restores the code of laws to the region, and the foundation is set for other parts of society to be restored. The Law restrictions are lifted. Now non-heir sims may move out and found their own family lot.
I leave you with no words.  No words of wisdom. No words of encouragement.  Janabel has left me speechless.  (Yes, you should mark that on the calendar!)  I'm so proud of Kaylynn and her perseverance forward to finish her career ladder, despite taking time to have 3 children.  I'm so proud of Isiah and the father he became.  I look forward to watching the spares grow up and find their own way now that they can.  And I'm terrified to see what step Janabel takes next.

1 comment