Tifani Triumph: Life of Crime Years Part 2


Last we left Janabel had thrown a pretty vicious curve into the smooth, if not minimalistic, workings of this family. I think we might have raised a sociopath. We had made it together through the odds and seem to be smooth sailing. Never fear, given enough rope she will give the Almighty Ruler of Everything enough to reign her in.  Meanwhile Kaylynn worked hard, persevered and achieved The Law!  Something good had to come out of the last chapter.
Meanwhile little Samson has grown into a teenager.  He knows that he has no real place in the hierarchy.  Janabel has made that abundantly clear with her arrogance and condensation toward the 'spares'.  I think however, with recent events as they are I need to have a small conversation with Samson and give him a course for the future. 
Me:  Samson!  Stop that right now!
Samson: Huh, um, Fizzy?
Me:  Please don't jump on the furniture.  Now sit down, you and I need to have a chat.
Samson:  Ok.  But I'm a spare remember, we don't need to have your 'chat'.
Me:  Oh dear sweet boy.  If you only knew.  Two things I need to share with you and both are very important. 
Samson:  Cool.  Shoot.
Me:  Now that your Mom has become The Law it allows for you to actually move out of the house when you grow up.  Secondly, your sister has expressed some ideas, thoughts really, that lead me to believe the smartest thing you can do is get a job now.  Start a career, and move out of the house as soon as you can.  Or at least once Mom and Dad pass away.  I don't think staying here is going to be the best thing for you, or Delilah.
Samson:  I have to move out?  Wait?  Whoa.  I get to move out?  Yes!
Me:  Don't forget the job part.  There's no way to support yourself and keep yourself and future family safe if you don't actually have a job.
Samson:  Well gravy.  Um, do you have a list for me?
Me:  You don't need a list.  Any available career is yours for the taking.  Listen, we won't speak of this again but remember what I said.  Move out.  At the latest move out when Mom and Dad pass away but regardless.  Make a plan to get yourself out of this house and into your own.
Samson:  Cloak and dagger, I like it.  Thanks Fizzy.

While Samson is growing to a teen and trying to decide his future path little sister Delilah is growing into a precious child. 
I'm so excited, and toes are crossed that hopefully she is nothing like her older sister!

Meanwhile, I guess we should get back to dear Janabel, the actual chosen heir of this family.  Would things be different if I'd noticed her tendency toward crazy when she was young?  Probably not, I really think losing her PawPaw was a catalyst for her.  And that couldn't have been predicted.

Janabel is rising fast in the teen career track as a criminal.  With her previous connections it only makes sense I guess.  Teach me to trust in cute little old people walking the neighborhood.  Should have know it was a criminal, nefarious element. Though we did get lucky with Kaylynn as a walkby.  Anyway, back on target.  Janabel has met someone she is convinced is perfect for her.  Let's call him Flattop, name remembrance isn't my forte remember. I'll get back to you with that later.  She's brought him home from work a couple of times and there seems to be a budding relationship there.
He is a little cutie, I know you can't see his face here so just trust me.  Janabel asked him to go steady and he accepted.  Here's hoping he makes better choices as an adult that he has as a teen in the career market. 


Janabel has found her love, or whatever someone like her thinks love is, and is ready to become an adult and apparently lead the charge to unlock The Life of Crime career path for the community.  I mean I guess there is a good side in that we don't have to give away half our value every week.  But still.
Why yes, Janabel just became an adult.  And yes you do see that she went into immediate aspiration failure.  And by golly that shrink did show up to 'try' to help her.  I swear it wasn't intentional.  I honestly didn't even realize it was going to throw her into failure.  Not that I could have stopped a birthday, mind you.  I've tried in my own world very unsuccessfully.  I know it's mean to almost feel like I might be poking a bit of fun at her but how do you capture 'this moment' in just one photograph.  I completely deserved a collage and I will stand by that decision...until the next blog post.

No comments