Tifani Triumph: Life of Crime Years Part 2 /Business Years Part 1

Last we met Janabel had just aged to adult and her entire world fell apart.  Aspiration failure at it's finest.  I know it's not nice to poke but here's another picture of her with the Shrink just to get you in the right mood.
She recovered with time.  And started trying to get Randy (Flattop..finally remembered to write down his name) over when she wasn't off to work or falling down tired so she could get him moved in and engaged.  Randy moved in with $19,000 in funds!  He is also a money sim like Janabel and immediately accepted the proposal for engagement.
A quick fact check and I was happily relieved that Flattop had left behind is criminal ways of teenage-hood and chosen to pursue a path in the Business career.  That is a career choice that remains available for tier 2 but I will let him decide.  I will never have a Sim say that I didn't give them a choice.
Me:  Hey, Flattop.  Let's chat.
Randy:  So this must be the legendary Almighty Ruler of Everything.  I respect you for your role but please, I also have a name.
Me:  Whoa, manners, I like that.  Sorry about that.  I'm legendarily notorious for being bad with names.  I'll try to remember for the future Randy.  And you can call me Fizzy.  Most everyone here does.
Randy: I am to understand that you will talk to me about my career choices and impress upon me the important role I am chosing to take on for the community by marrying into this family correct?
Me:  You are partly correct.  My habits seem to be getting around.  I have to say I'm very proud to see that you have chosen to leave behind the criminal ways and have set yourself up quite successfully in business.  Are you happy with your career?  It is an available career choice for you but I want to make sure you are aware of the options you do have.
Randy: I am very happy with my current career path and am pleased to know that I will be able to continue to develop my career in this area.
Me:  Good to hear.  Do you mind if I asked what led you to the criminal career path as a teen?
Randy:  You may ask.  There is only one reason, Janabel.  I knew she was the one for me and choosing to align myself into something that would bring out paths together made the most sense to develop a friendship with her.  Following her career seemed the easiest way to ensure that happened.
Me:  Stalker much?
Randy: What you calling stalking I prefer to refer to as creating opportunities.  There was no guarantee that we would become friends, much less more.  However, the opportunity presented itself and I chose to pursue it to see where it led.  I am happy that I took that opportunity and that our relationship blossomed to where we are today.  
Me: Alrighty.  Your formality is a little intense.  Not a judgement, just trying to gather my thoughts and figure out how to not offend you.  Um, so.  You are a smart man, you have spent considerable time with Janabel.  You have agreed to marry her.  You are aware that you are not signing up for all red hearts and perfect dates?  
Randy: No offense taken.  I too, come from a family that has worked hard to restore order to our community.  I understand what is at stake for all of us.  I also understand that Janabel is different.  Special if you will.  Her ideas about society are varied, sometimes brillant and sometimes frightening.  But I also firmly believe that she does love me as I love her.  I am commited for both of us to overcome the obstacles that may impede our success.
Me:  Good talk. Chat again sometime.  Please, never hesitate to reach out to me as you navigate life with Janabel.  I will always be here to offer encouragement and whatever assistance I can.
“Your money is no good here.”
The chaos in the region set off by the power plant explosions has broken down the basic economic fabric of society. The value of a Simolean varies wildly from place to place. All major markets have been destroyed or looted dry. With the economy of the region in shambles, people are unwilling to go shopping. The only thing that sells well are stories from survivors, as media outside the region is hungry to know what happened and what it is like to live in such a land.
Can we say denial?  Flattop is in for a hard trip through life, of that I am certain.  I am happy that he is set in this career as he is already a Vice President and with his determination he should do well to quickly move up the ranks.  Meanwhile Delilah grew into her teen years, and it wasn't quite the positive transition that I had hoped but no aspiration failure for this young lady.  For obvious reasons her aspiration was set to Romance, no generator required.
What is it with these genetics and life events happening in the bathroom!?!  I'm throwing in the bottom picture just because I really like it....you have to indulge the Ruler you know.
It wasn't long before Mom and Dad discovered what Janabel was all about.  She was hard to miss coming and going in her criminal uniform.  The insuing 'discussion' was rather heated and left Isiah and Kaylynn's heads reeling and disappointed.  Doubting themselves as parents, doubting themselves as community pillars, doubting themselves as law enforcement and lawyer.  Meanwhile Janabel felt pretty smug and arrogant about it all.  She knows that disappointment will never overshadow love.  Love is weakness.  She will never be weak.
To smooth things over Janabel proposed marriage to Randy and they wed in the living room.
One must wonder if the way the rings X in the photo if it is a portent of things to come?
Do you notice Isiah and Kaylynn in the background reliving their own wedding day?  They are still very much in love and can't keep their hands, or eyes, off each other.  Poor Randy, so much in love.  Truly love.  He has no idea that Janabel doesn't know love.

As they settle into marriage and score a few promotions each Sampson has chosen to join the military and soon ages to an adult.
While he has a desire to move out he has not yet taken the leap to do so.  Whether it's fear of the unknown, fear for his parents, or just laziness coming back into play I don't know but I'll have to give him a little nudge so he remembers our conversation.  In case you didn't notice the other glaringly obvious new development in the photo I guess I'll share that with you now as well.
Do you see the look of horror on her face?
Janabel:  FIZZY!
Me:  Yes dear?
Janabel:  What is this!?!
Me:  Well, if by this you mean your tummy I would guess that you are expecting.  Congratulations!
Janabel:  That is exactly what I mean!  I have birth control.  Doo Rag worked hard to ensure that I have birth control.  I have no intentions of having children.  They are whiny, needy, annoying creatures.  Explain this!
Me:  Dear, we all know that birth control is not 100% effective.  However, not having a child is not an option. Only you can secure the next generation of this family.  Perhaps it's best to have a child now while you are still young.
Janabel:  I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT 100!  THAT IS NOT THAT POINT!  ONE TIME.  ONE TIME AND THIS HAPPENS.  WHAT DID YOU DO?
Me:  Calm down, it's not good for the baby to be yelling like this.  I didn't 'do' anything, but apparently you did.  I promise once that baby is here you will realize how blessed you are to have a tiny piece of you to carry forward.
Janabel: UGH.

That went well...

No comments