Taylor Alexa Montgomery: Generation 4 Chapter 1

Words can't even describe how I'm feeling about this generation so far so I'll let the picture do the talking for me...
Fun Fact: The walls are down in this image. Want to know how many times that happens? Not often. The Maker is pretty darn near perfect and would never make a mistake like...okay, wait, what was I saying? Lighting just struck near me and I can't recall.

I don't understand what is up with Alexa. She and Lamar both agreed not to try for a baby until they were settled into their careers and had at least 75,000 put back for future generations. This agreement was not only to help provide for future generations but also because it's her aspiration to amass a fortune. It is easier to work towards that goal by reaching the top of her career before children enter the picture. I don't know if it is this arrangement that is leaving her so unsatisfied with their love life but she has some serious issues right now and it's driving me insane.

 Ambition on both of their part is clearly driving a wedge between these two. Alexa has already maxed out the bodybuilder aspiration so we're talking serious overachiever here. I truly believe the problem is that they didn't spend nearly enough time together as a couple before saying their vows. 

Truth is, they're practically strangers to one another.  Lamar is happy but Alexa clearly is not.  I don't know if she's upset because of losing her parents or if she's just not feeling Lamar but I do worry about her.  I'm worried about what this means for their relationship because I really like Lamar but she's suddenly showing the desire to flirt with someone down at the gym.  Oh, Alexa...

Now, what's worrying is that Alexa is not the type to want to have multiple romances. No, something is clearly going on with her and as her Maker, I'm worried about her emotional well being.  I'm also concerned about Lamar because he's genuinely a very nice guy!

Alexa is a gym rat, a body builder and she is in the athletic career. Because of this she spends a lot of time at the gym which I would typically encourage but I am very alarmed because during her latest visit to the gym, I so happened to see her cozy up to Marcus Flex.  Now, Marcus is a playable sim and that means that this is just not a viable option for Alexa even if she wanted to pursue a relationship with him. She's really wasting her time as well as Marcus' and it's just not fair at all to Lamar.

I tried to talk her out of it but she threw caution to the wind and asked Marcus to work out with her.  Interestingly, during their workout together, Alexa became violently ill. She hopped off of the treadmill and ran to the bathroom and just emptied her stomach right there in the gym's bathroom. This poor girl was sick—very sick.  I was a little taken aback. Could she be pregnant? Surely not!

Out of 39 families and many woohoo happy sims, I've only had my sim's birth control fail them three times...if she's pregnant this makes two of those three failures in the same family. Apparently these girls aren't too great about taking their pill at the same time every day. Because...yes, she is definitely pregnant.

 
This throws a definite kink in things because not only have she and Lamar not worked out their differences but this also means that Alexa's birth control failed. Now, she didn't actually cheat on Lamar but she was strongly considering it and I just don't feel that it's wise to bring a baby into the family while she's feeling so unhappy and indecisive.  What is done is done though and there is no going back. So, Alexa has to go home and tell Lamar that she's expecting and hopefully he doesn't think that the baby isn't his because it really is!  Although, I have a feeling that Lamar is pretty oblivious to Alexa's life crisis. He's a good guy but he's just not seeing that Alexa is very obviously depressed and unhappy.

This girl is going to push every button that I have. Goodness! I usually am not this invested in the emotional welfare of my sims. Typically, what the Maker wants, the Maker gets and I really did not ask for little miss Alexa to come along and ruin my plans of world domination and mind control.  Something has got to be done. 

Lamar better get his act together and build not only a romance with Alexa but a beautiful friendship. They have the hot and heavy making out thing down just fine. What they don't have is a solid friendship like Jordan had with Ricky.  How can this girl be such a mess when she had two parents who were so completely devoted to one another?

All I know is that even after a promotion and having a song dedicated to her by her husband...Alexa still came home from work with the most sour of expressions on her face. The only time her eyes even lit up for a moment was when she spoke to the maid. I think I may have to fire him and hire someone else because Alexa cannot be trusted to make good choices right now.

In fact, even Ricky (her deceased father) is trying to talk some sense into her these days! He has tried to explain to her how important a strong friendship is to a marriage and has encouraged her to put forth more of an effort...talk things out.



Alexa apparently has no clue what, "talk things out" means. Poor Lamar just goes right along with things. He just doesn't get how dire it is that they stop making out instead of talking about their marriage.  Heck, I think maybe he doesn't realize there is a problem at all!

In any event, Alexa went off to work and came home in a bad mood...again. She didn't have time to mope for long though because she went into labor shortly after taking a good cry in the closet.


Lewis Reid Montgomery made his appearance after a lengthy labor that was very physically draining for Alexa. Unfortunately, a baby boy means that Alexa has even all the more reason to work on her marriage because she's going to have to try again to get an heir!


Overall, Alexa and Lamar are doing very well financially but we have a whole lot of emotional issues to work out before I'm willing to call this generation a success. 

In the next installment we'll see little Lewis grow up and hopefully a resolution to Alexa's unending sadness.  Here's to hoping that she can pull things together and give us a generation 5 heir!

2 comments

  1. Have you thought about just sitting down and talking to them? Hmmm? Sometimes it can work wonders you know!

    ReplyDelete