Taylor Alexa Montgomery: Generation 4 Chapter 4

Alexa and Lamar are elders and they're as focused as ever on plowing through their careers and living a full life!  In fact, the day after Alexa turned elder, she was promoted to the top of the athletic career!

Don't you wish you earned as much money as sims do in their careers? I swear, I am jealous every single time they get a promotion.

Of course, I wouldn't want the 7,000 bill they have to pay a week for their home!

I guess with more money comes more responsibility!

This promotion put Alexa at 3/4 in her Fortune aspiration. Next up? Earn 200,000...I really don't see that happening in this lifetime. Who knows though, maybe she'll surprise me.  She makes 3,000 a day and while there is a chance for promotions...she's already an elder and that is a LOT of money. I do have her working on paintings in her spare time as well so she can generate money on the side.

Lamar got his promotion but I'm not sure that he'll complete his current aspiration as his life bar is blinking. He does have that often mentioned long-lived trait though so we'll see how long he hangs on.

He has completed Bodybuilder and Musical genius already so I guess if he doesn't hang on long enough to complete his current aspiration—it'll be okay.

He's been a very hard worker and he put up with Alexa through those years when she was depressed and unpleasant so I reckon I'll let him rest in peace when his time comes. Maybe.

Can you believe we're already talking about death for this generation? Geez, they grow too fast. No, I'm not crying. My eyes are sweating. Don't you all insult me by thinking I'm going soft. I'm NOT and I won't hesitate to kill another sim to prove it. Mmmkay?

Life is pretty good, for the most part. I'm worried that Alexa will fall back into depression since her kids are practically grown and her uncle Ezra has passed away. They spent a lot of time together. She's done so well for so long but I worry what grief might do to her.  I had such a terrible time with her last time she lost someone close to her.

To stave off any disappointment and grief...I decided to bribe Alexa with a brand new house. I felt like Oprah. A house for you, and you and you! Houses for EVERYONE! This lot increases the Montgomery lot value from 209,000 to 236,000. 

Plus, this doubles as a birthday gift for Sophia because it is her birthday! Go, Sophia! Getcha romancin' on, it's your birthday! You all know what this means? It is time to find a man! Want to know something ridiculous? The Maker is so sleepy that as she went on the man hunt she was singing, "I was searching for a man, all across Simpan. Just to find, to find my sim a guy."


Remember she expressed interest in the maid? Well, I don't know what happened to him but once she aged up, he was nowhere to be found on her friends list. It's like he disappeared. So, in my searching for her a man, we happened to know this dude named Akito Nakamura.

So, she invited him over for dinner and ended up proposing to him. He said yes and they immediately eloped!  

I set the happy couple up with their careers, Doctor for Sophia and Politician for Akito.  I also gave him a little makeover at the mirror. Not bad! He's kinda cute!

He's also a bit of a wildcard. He's a sim that loves the outdoors and collecting things and yet a politician.  Akito wants to make sure that all sims have the opportunity to do great things with their life.

BUT...first babies. Usually I make my sims wait a bit unless things just happen with risky woohoo but Alexa wants a grandchild and she pretty much told them to get to it because her life is blinking!

So, as soon as Akito came home from his first day of work I sent them straight the hot tub to try for a baby.
 
Trying for baby was a success! Sophia is expecting her first child! This is so exciting! Come on, little one! Please arrive before grandma and grandma say their goodbyes to this world! Please? It's been ever so long since one of my Legacy sims have gotten to meet their grandchild! Alexa is so excited too. It'll break my heart if she doesn't get to meet her grandbaby. This is so important to me and to Alexa!

Before I knew it, it was go time. Sophia was in labor.  Sophia is determined to have only one child so note how nice she has the little girl's room decorated. She is hoping and praying for a little girl so she doesn't have to go through another pregnancy.  Partly because she's wanting to be a doctor like her great grandma Jordan and also because she's been so sick and tired the entire pregnancy.
Well, she gave birth to a son. Michael Elijah. Want to see Sophia's response to being told she would have to have another baby at some point in the future to secure an heir for her maker?
Don't get me wrong, she is very excited to be a mom but she is not excited to puke her guts up ever single day of her life for months! The only plus for her right now is that Alexa and Lamar BOTH lived long enough to meet their grandchild. We are all kind of surprised since their lifebars have been blinking for days!
 Hopefully they'll get to spend some time with their precious new grandson. They do have the long-lived aspiration so I guess we'll see how much time they actually get to spend with him.  All in all, the future is looking bright for Sophia and I'm so elated to see Lamar and Alexa handing over the reigns in a less traumatic way than some of the previous generations.  Things feel more peaceful and less rushed with these two. They're living out the last of their days in love and preparing their daughter for their eventual passing so that she can better cope with losing them than Alexa was able to in those early months of her marriage. 

Please join us back next time to say your final goodbyes to a great generation of sims and hello to a bright new future with the next.

1 comment