Tifani Triumph: Generation 6 Houses

Faith, Hope, Isabella, Issac and John are all ready to strike out on their own as real life honest to goodness adults.  Yeah, we all remember how that goes.  Get ready to struggle for everything that has been provided for you before.  Your families did it their way, now it's time to do it your way.  Good Luck!

Faith's House
With a ton of effort on my part and a stripping of even floor tiles in some rooms to make it affordable, Faith has her first home!  Let me tell ya though the girl is strugglin'!  Struggling for furniture, struggling for friends, and definitely struggling to find Mr Right.  I'll settle for Mr. Right Now.
The hard part of starting out on your own?  No furniture.  No money to get furniture.  And apparently all the friends in the family belonged to everyone else because also no friends to get a promotion at work to get more money to get furniture.  First thing every morning a phone call to someone to try to be friends with.  The rest of the morning stalking the walkers, joggers, and any other person on the street you can find.  Friends are such a commodity that it's a constant want as well!  The problem?  The morning/early afternoon walkers are typically elderly people.  So while Faith is meeting people and oh so slowly making friends she's also not meeting eligible bachelors.  And by eligible I mean not old enough to potentially die on the wedding day!

A few things purchased for the house each day but still haven't replaced floor tiles, or real furniture, or well there's a long way to go on the house front.  One think I've noticed, sitting home twiddling my thumbs while Faith is off to work, is that there are multiple potential bachelors in the afternoons and evenings.  Of course I can't flag them down, I tried!  Before too long though Faith will get a day off and the hunt is on.  The first adult (not senior adult!) male that walks by and can actually carry on a conversation is going to be Mr. Right (now).  And come Saturday, he arrived.  Joe Carr.
And with a LOT of effort on Faith's part, and a little luck on mine things progressed nicely.  Faith however sorta kinda OK definitely jumped the gun a little and was WAY too forward!
Faith, slow down already!  Just because ya'll are both crushin' doesn't mean he's ready to lock lips.  Ya'll ain't even besties yet!  (I may or may not have been talking to The Maker when I wrote that which may or may not have influenced my southern just a tidbit.)

Hope's House
Hope's house was much easier to find than her sister's.  Mostly because I had already weeded out several that weren't affordable or usable.  However, there was much more drama to be had this week so let's catch up!
Hope's learned a few other lessons from her sister as well.  Do NOT procrastinate finding a man.  Lucky for her she's already got one in her phone tree.  'Hello, Abhijeet.  Wanna come over and hang out?' OK, perhaps not just like that but pretty much just like that.  I mean if Hope is going to have 50 dream dates she has no time to waste!

So, on her first night in her new house Hope started on my desire for her to have a whirlwind romance.  And none of the rookie mistakes her sister made either.
That was a first date for the books.  Friends to crushing to besties to first kiss to moving in all in one night.  Dream Date one is in the record books!  Next stop...engagement~
Well, that didn't go as planned!  Nothing like a proposal resulting in aspiration failure and the shrink visiting.  Is that what they call premarital counseling?  Following this I might as well make Abhijeet somewhat happier.
Don't get too comfy Sir as there's still the wedding to come.  I was prepared for a shrink visit again as he had a fear of marriage but it all went well this time.
First comes Love, then comes Marriage, next comes the baby in the baby carriage...


Isabella's House
Isabella is ready to take the world by storm, and she wants to do it alone!  A house full of siblings has really stretched her patience for other people pretty thin.  I managed to find her a pretty cute little starter home with some room to grow.  However, shortly after settling in her inheritance from dear old Pops came in and she wanted nothing doing with her first house.  Not a dime was spent to upgrade or even get 'stuff', it's all going back for a bigger better house as soon as possible!  Space, she wants space all to herself!
 A now self-proclaimed career woman the first order of business is friends.  Isabella, for all her loving-ish nature has none.  Oh her family likes her but they don't really count. So, like generations before her she hit the street looking for people to make be her friend!
She hit the street alrighty, and one day her dear 3rd cousin's wife Felicia (you may know her as Jeremiah's wife, koolaide drinking, political climber, twin-having woman that she is!) came home with her from work.  Not sure why she was at work in her condition but there ya have it.  And 3rd cousins, much like the option to flirt (still blech!), can be countable friends.  So a friending they did go.
She was very into Felicia's baby bump which to me was a great segway into her future.  Oh boy did Isabella have a LOT to say about that.  She's got a plan!

Me:  So, Isabella.  I know you were pretty excited about becoming a career woman and having some solitude.  However, we do have a future to think about.
Isabella:  I have a 30 day plan all worked out.  It's perfect!
Me:  Care to share.
Isabella:  Well, it's not set in stone... Since you're here I have a few questions.
Me:  Ask away.
Isabella:  Are children like required?  I'm not living in the main house, geez I'm the spare of a spare so to speak.  I'm here purely for your entertainment value really.  Do I have to have children?
Me:  Wow.  First you are much more than 'entertainment', you are part of the first post-apocalyptic twins.  You my dear as historical.
Isabella:  Spare me.  Kids?  Do I hafta?
Me:  And secondly, while children aren't required per se wouldn't you like to have a small piece of you for future generations?
Isabella:  Not anytime soon.  I know that Aunt D waiting to have a family.  Heck Uncle Sam is barely older than I am!  I figure I have time for that.  Remember 30 day plan.
Me:  Well, that's true.  But she also had a relationship. A life partner.  A husband.  Thought about that, there's some interesting guys in your phone book.
Isabella:  You mean she shacked up with Uncle B until they chose to get married because they were expecting Uncle Sam.  I'm sure that's what you meant to say.  I know that Uncle B was not the only person she had a 'relationship' with.  He's just the one she chose to stay with.
Me: *blink*
Isabella:  That being said for now, I'm happy.  About 20 days I'll consider who, if anyone, I want to potentially settle down with.  And by settle down I don't necessarily mean marry, I mean settle down with.  And whether we get married or not about 23 days I'll make the final kiddo decision.  Right now the best kid is the kid you can send home when you're done.  The best companion is the one that is not breathing in my space 24/7.  I really just want space.
Me:  I'll check back at about the 15 day mark then.  Good talk.  Keep an eye on that phone book.  There's some cuties in there!

That went well.  No man, for now.  No children, possibly ever.  Not near enough friends for a proper promotion but there were promotions to be had thanks to super luck chance cards.  With promotions come bonuses.  With bonuses come stash for a new house.  The bigger the house the more the potential desire to fill it with at least one other person?  I hate to see her grow old alone, ya know?

Issac's House
Issac's not quite as anti-social as his sister.  He wants a family, though not quite as big as the one he came from.  He just has to meet the right girl.  And, knowing that he has an inheritance coming in I wasn't overly fussy with his starter house since I figure he plans to upgrade sooner rather than later anyway.
  I haven't put a lot of 'love' into it as Issac has made it clear he wants lots of 'stuff' and Christy, children.  But wait, I get ahead of myself!  While Issac enjoys the footloose and fancy free single life he also NEEDS someone to take care of him.  He doesn't like being 'alone' and lets face it the dudes a slob with a capitol S, capitol L, capitol O, and a capitol B with a few !!! thrown in for good measure.  I've never seen a grown adult get water all over the floor during a shower.  Child yes, adult; there's a first for everything.  I decided to have Issac start with someone he already knew, if sparks flew great if not well there's plenty of people walking by.  A quick phone call to Christy and she was on her way to visit!

They were friends to begin with and was attempting to see if sparks were going to kindle something or not.  Issac checked her out and got nothing, actually less than nothing; negative in the lightning bolts department.  But he still wanted to spend time with her.  Begged me to allow him to ask her on a date.  OK, perhaps begged is a strong word.  As is allow.  Fine, he spun a want to go on a date OK?

What they lacked in 'sparks' they made up for in compatibility.  She was actually ready for things to move faster than he was!  He made it work.
With a decided lack of sparks it quickly escalated from crushing to first kiss to lust to love and moving in on the first date!  Christy came with her own little nest egg and a few inheritances fell her way as well.  These two will be pretty set once they choose the perfect house.

First things first, the next day after work Issac officially proposed to Christy.  This is when he gets regrets?  Of course, suddenly he's realizing that he's making a long-term commitment with no 'spark'. Tough dude, you already put it on the line having her move in a stuff.  Ya'll have made plans for the future, babies and 'stuff' and whatnot.  Jump with both feet!
So as not to really rush things he waited until after dinner on the third day to propose the actual marriage.  You know because taking three whole days to seal the deal is so 'taking it slow'.  This went better than the engagement and in true Triumph fashion had to do it somewhere unusual.  I suppose it is better than other marriages that have taken place in the bathroom?
Throw the rice, blow the bubbles...and not a moment too soon.


John's House
John is much better set to move into adulthood relationships than his siblings.  He has worked hard to develop a relationship with Meadow.  And once he's in and settled to his first house he immediately invites her over.  And for the record, that is the same house Samson moved into with Delilah back in the day.
John: 'Hey Bestie, come over and see the new place.'
Meadow: 'OK'
John: 'You know what, we get along so great and I'm pretty sure I love you,  why don't you just move in?'
Meadow: 'OK'

John: 'You know what, I really want to get engaged to you.'
Meadow: 'Me too, I really want to get engaged to you too!'
John: 'Let's get engaged!'

John: 'Guess what, I really want to be married to you.'
Meadow: 'No, I want to be married to you!'
John: 'Let's get married!'
Meadow: 'Oh my gosh, I desperately want to have your baby.'
John: 'Get out!  I really really want you to have my baby!'
Meadow: 'Let's have a baby!'
And that was morning and evening of the 1st day.

John: 'You are so unhappy and miserable.  Like way worse than the unhappy misery you had before you were pregnant, have a puppy to make it all better.'
Meadow: 'I am miserable and impossible for even Fizzy to want to be around me.  Thank you for the puppy.'

And that was morning and evening of the 2nd day.

John: 'You are still miserable and making the furniture miserable too.  Maybe you should have another puppy.'
Meadow: 'I know that even the snow is miserable when I am around because I am so miserable.  Thank you for the puppy.'
John: 'I know that your lifetime want is to raise 20 puppies or kittens.  Fizzy is allergic to cats so I didn't dare risk it, ya know?'

And the ONLY reason that I allowed them to brazenly get two puppies?  In hopes it will curb them from wanting more babies!

And while they were accumulating puppies?  Meadow was getting more and more miserably pregnant.  And while she was miserably pregnant?  I was wondering how much I really liked her and how John would handle it if she just disappeared.   Decided it just wasn't worth the risk.
And that was morning and evening of the 3rd Day.  (She bumped out even bigger right after this photo was taken.)

Baby Skylar born, outside, in the snow while the puppies looked on.


And that as morning and evening of the 4th day.

And from there...it was all downhill.  I swear if it was a contest on who is the most miserable, unhappy Sim currently in my game it's a tie between Meadow and Gwen (Samuel's wife) and they both put poor Lily (Peter's daughter) to shame in the misery game.  She was miserable loving on the puppies.  She was miserable feeding Skylar the requisite 9,000,000 bottles.  She was miserab...wait.  She wasn't miserable while teaching Jake commands.  That, made her happy.  Sadly there are only so many commands a dog can learn.  And Suzi is up and coming but she's still a puppy until next week.  John surely bit off more than I'm thinking I can even chew with this one.

Come back next time when they start killin' me with babies!

No comments