Life of Kessie - Food Wars!

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come! Finals are gone and it's time to PAR
TAY!!!!


 Classes are over, the kegs are ready to go!!! Everyone is finally ready to say good-bye to this place, as am I. First things first........FOOD WARS!!!


As promised, Pierce and I both put up $500 to crown the top chef of SimU. We sort of get along now, after our little chat on our way back to campus. That will not stop our little rivalry, as we will find out once and for all - who's the better chef? He chose Cheese Risotto, while I went for my signature Firecracker Shrimp. Aoki, Tiffany, Ashley DeSorrento and Enrique were the judges. As for everyone else, they're getting to eat some of the best cuisine out of SimU. 

Deschie is just chopping away, while I'm telling Paris Vanderbilt to stay away from the food! She kept taking things we needed. Yes, I threatened to chop off her fingers if she did it again. 

And just like that, we were done! One full hour of sweating, seasoning and plating. Now, everyone gets to eat.....and vote.



I will admit that I was very nervous while everyone was eating. In typical form, Pierce complained that he forgot to add something (Honestly, it didn't need anything else - the Risotto was amazing!)
It was time for the Firecracker Shrimp. I spent the entire senior year perfecting this dish and made it mine! There wasn't a full plate in the house - maybe because a few of them were too buzzed. Either way, there had to be a winner. Sadly, the decision was split! Even with a tie breaker, no one could decide on a winner. I guess that's a good thing since the judges thought we were both talented and deserved to win. We both agreed and accepted the tie, while we donated the money to the culinary department for underprivileged students who can't afford their utensils. 

After all of that sweating and cooking, Pierce and I stepped outside for a breather. We finally admitted that while our rivalry was necessary, it was stupid to carry on for this long. While we respect each other, the rivalry will now be a friendly one. He was accepted to an internship at Hogan's Diner, which he will start after graduation. I wasn't accepted to Hogans, but it's okay. I hope that I can find an apprenticeship soon. Perhaps I should send my portfolio to the Bistro. I'll figure that out later.  Are we friends? I guess you can say that. He owed his graduation to me - according to him. I didn't do anything but help him find his way. 


Thank you, Ashley!!! I needed this keg stand more than anyone could hope. (Don't drink and drive, kids! Oh, and please be of legal age.) I partied until I wouldn't party anymore. Being a college senior rocks!!!


 As the party came to a close, I decided to break out the guitar and start playing. I guess I was okay, because I was too inebriated to remember. However, I wasn't booed either so hey! I'll take it. This college thing wasn't so bad after all. Now, on to graduation!

Until Next Time,

Kessie :)







2 comments

  1. Oh come on, Kessie! Just admit you like him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is totally in denial, she digs him. Let her tell it..... She loves Connor and they're in loooove! I'm just letting this all play out. :)

      Delete