A Letter from The Maker. Saying Goodbye to a Legacy.

I want to thank you all for staying with me through the events that have lead up to the birth of generation 10.  I never could have anticipated that anyone would ever read or care about the Montgomery Family. 

Before the conception of generation 10, Glenna got into my head and begged me to tell her story.  She really didn't want 10 generations to mean nothing.  As she began to tell me her story, it became apparent to me that I had no choice but to let my sims do what I've so bucked against. I was going to have to let their voices be heard.

It is very bittersweet to me.  I am glad to know that the Montgomery family is going to be around with me for some time yet. I couldn't have been prepared for the loss and destruction of much else that I love and hold dear. 

As you could probably tell from the last chapter, real changes are happening in  my game.  You haven't even seen half of the devastation that awaits my sims. 

I can only make you this promise,  I will try to do right by the Montgomery name and to honor them in every way that I can as I proceed (cautiously) with their new reality. 

I can hope that my faithful friends and readers will rally around me during this transition and comfort me when I mourn the loss of favorite sims and try to rebuild their lives. 

In light of difficult times, I would like to share with you favorite memories from the last ten generations.  I have held these sim close to my heart. They have truly made me a better simmer.  Where I once scoffed at those that stopped to listen to the voice of their sims, I now find that one truly needs to have an open ear and an open heart. Let them tell their story, no matter how much it hurts me to see their pain.  This new era is about them. Though my heart is breaking, it is because I've finally learned to to let my sims have their voice and to let it be heard.











1 comment