The Culling: The Maker's Notes (Chapter 0.5)

Welcome to the Maker's Notes on the Montgomery family's apocalypse challenge!  In the very last chapter of the Montgomery Legacy, you saw some pretty big changes taking place. 


Want the truth? Glenna Montgomery got under my skin. As the end of my Legacy Challenge was looming, it became apparent to me that my 10th generation heir had a story of her own to tell.  I was torn.  I don't like listening to my sims. If you've read the Montgomery Legacy you'll know that I'm the kind of sims goddess that takes pleasure in directing and dictating every aspect of my sim's lives.

Glenna had planted herself firmly into the deep recesses of  my brain and no matter how much I tried to silence her, I failed. Finally, I decided maybe I was insane enough to tell the story that was playing out in my head and The Culling was set into motion.

What is "The Culling" you ask? Well according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary,

Definition of cull

to select from a group :  The publisher culled the best passages from the poet's work. Damaged fruits are culled before the produce is shipped.

For the Sims,culling means relationships and family members that have been erased to decrease the population in the game. This is an actual game feature in sims 4 unless you have mod to prevent culling.

I've played Sims 4 since 2014 without restarting it and had around 40 families played in rotation.  My game started having multiple glitches for which it became apparent I was on the cusp of needing to reinstall.
 

I was bothered by the fact sims were missing from my family trees due to the game induced culling. I'd unfortunately discovered the mod to prevent culling after I'd started the Montgomery family.  So, even in my Legacy there were missing founders.  I felt irritation every time I loaded my family's trees.

I knew for sure then that as soon as my Legacy concluded that I would restart my game, no-culling mod firmly in place.  It was the only way to save at least a shred of my sanity.

Glenna's story is a result of this self imposed culling.   She was securely uploaded to the exchange so that I could usher her into a new game.  She was the very first sim placed in a brand-spankin' new install since 2014!

I invite you pull up a seat and watch as the Montgomery family is thrown into a new age.  Their days of comfort are gone.  They have proven to be a successful legacy. The question is, can they now successfully survive an apocalypse?

Most of The Culling will be told as a story.  In addition, there will be periodic notes from me, The Maker, to keep you all updated on which rules and restrictions have been lifted.

No comments