Life of Kessie -The Bane of My Existence

Hi, everyone! I have a problem, my dear friends. There is trouble brewing, and his name is Pierce Decheneaux!


This rivalry is as bad as Gary Oak and Ash Ketchum (with this dude being Gary, of course). Bad enough that he's in the same culinary program that I'm in. Why? Sure, he was one of the top students in Sunset Valley High and had everything handed to him by his rich parents. Pierce is just arrogant, obnoxious, and an annoying perfectionist. Of course, it irked him to see me at the Student Union. It also irked him when I called him "Dechie" - which he hates! To boot, we even buy the same hair color. (I know Manic Panic when I see it!)  For someone to not like me as much as he does, why did he decide to color his hair the same exact color? What could be worse than my rival going to the same university?


He is also my new roommate in the dorm! Why is he in the kitchen? I'm the one who cooks for the dorm. Here we go again with Pierce being the star of the show. Just when I thought my nightmare was over, here comes his two best friends, Trav Jenkins and Enrique Rodriguez.



I ask again.....why? These three were unbearable in high school. Trav is the jock (code word: Meat Head) that always talked sports, cheerleaders and always used sports terms when speaking and Enrique thought he was a ladies' man (Can someone say, GAG?) This is going to be a looooong semester. Seeing as we have to co-exist, why not study together? Or, so I thought. I ended up studying alone while the Three Stooges talked among each other. It's the same as high school all over again- anyone who tries to infiltrate their little circle gets ignored.


As I went to grab me a bowl of Goopy Cabonara, Pierce decided he wanted to criticize it. This fool said that my sauce wasn't goopy enough and was missing Tarragon. TARRAGON? REALLY?! Of course, I could not let his harsh words go unpunished. It's one thing to invade my personal space, it's even okay to ignore me when I'm trying to be friendly. It's another story entirely when you pick apart my cooking and its techniques! This. Can. Not. FLY!!! So, I challenged him to a cook off! Winner cooks for the dorm until final exams and wins $500. I know I'm going to win, because while he had the best chefs he could buy, I have natural born talent. Time to put that plate where your arrogance is, Dechie!!



Oh my! I have to run to class! Talk to you guys later!

-Kessie :)



No comments